Beginning to see...

Isn't it exciting when you begin to see God working? When you start to feel the scales fall from your eyes? It's beginning. Just a few days into this conscious choice to dwell in the "whatsoever things" and I'm beginning to see with new eyes. Praise You, Lord, Your Word is indeed living, powerful, and effective!!!

May I share a few examples?
*In the last several days, I have not once described the day as "horrible" or the kids as "bad." I know, that's small, but I've been able to see the challenges as temporary things that ARE able to be worked through rather than permanent conditions under which I must labor on...

*Despite the fact that we had a pretty dramatic Asperger's tantrum yesterday, I was able to walk away from dealing with it (which is exhausting both emotionally and physically) quietly encouraging my son that he had done great in getting himself back under control. It only lasted about 30 minutes this time; it's been known to go on for close to an hour...

*My laundry has gone unfolded for 2 days. Why is this a good thing? It's gone unfolded because I've been focusing on enjoying my time with my family, exploring the blooming bouganvilla bushes, marvelling at the blue jays and cardinals that are visiting us, teaching them to swim, LISTENING to their wonderful imaginative stories, encouraging them to have fun with math and reading and learning, singing with them and being spontaneously silly together. My priorities are getting back to where they should be and I've been able to let go of the perfectionistic demands without becoming condemning towards myself.

It's beginning to happen. I'm beginning to not just grudgingly admit that there must be *something* good that happens each day. I'm starting to see the beauty as it happens, revel in it, glorify God and set aside some of those weights that have easily beset me in the past. I used to love a certain David Crowder song because I needed the perspective it offered; I'm beginning to love it even more now because I'm beginning to live its truth:
The day is brighter here with You
The night is lighter than its hue
Would lead me to believe
Which leads me to believe
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
I am Yours...
So what does that make me?
My eyes are small but they have seen
The beauty of enormous things
Which leads me to believe
There's light enough to see
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
I am Yours...
So what does that make me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theft with a Shiny Bow on Top

The Garment's Hem

Of Guns and Governments